We all know that smoking is harmful to health and in some cases, it was deadly and killed half of the people who do not stop.
There are more 7000 chemicals were found in a cigarette and its some, around 93 are dangerous or potentially damage the body. There are around 70 substances cause cancers.
Those ingredients and additional chemicals can affect everything, come from the function of the organs to the immune system.
There are some common cigarettes facts that you might not know. Some of those facts might surprise you.
Ingredients were known as toxic in a cigarette
The substances in your cigarette smoke will be inhaled to your lungs and will spread around the body which also cause damages:
Nicotine only needs ten seconds after being inhaled. Nicotine can be found in each part of the body even in breast milk as well. It is also very addictive as same as heroin.
The carbon monoxide in the cigarette smoke related to the hemoglobin in the cells or red blood. It will prevent these cells to bring oxygen that they usually do. It causes several symptoms related to the poisoning of carbon monoxide.
Smoking can affect the immune system which triggering oxidative stress. At that time, it also causes DNA mutation which causes cancers and heart disease.
This oxidative stress was also considered as the aging process and the antioxidants were a natural way to fight against the damage oxidative stress which been caused that stress on body cells.
Smokers have antioxidants in their blood than non-smokers.
Carcinogens in the tobacco smoke will destroy the important genes which control the growth of your cells, make them grow abnormally or replaced too rapidly as well.
Today, there are more than 10 chemicals were identified as the cause of cancer in the tobacco smoke.
Smoking can be related to the higher rate of severe inflammation and other damaging issues which can cause oxidative stress.
The cigarette smoke also contains the radioactive heavy metals which built up in the lings. Over time. it will be considered as the biggest risk factors of lung cancer among smokers.
10 Tobacco and Addiction Facts
- On average, the life expectancy of a smoker is 10 years less than a nonsmoker.
- Cigarette smoke contains more than 7,000 chemicals, 70 of which are known to cause cancer.
- Nearly 9 out of 10 smokers start before the age of 18 and almost all start smoking by age 26.
- Every day, more than 3,200 children and teens under 18 years old smoke their first cigarette. (There are also 2,100 young adults who turn into daily smokers each day.)
- For every person who dies from a smoking-related disease, 20 more people suffer from a smoking-related illness.
- Smoking and tobacco use causes more than 5 million deaths per year worldwide. Current trends show that this will increase to more than 8 million deaths annually by 2030.
- Smoking is responsible for about 1 in 5 deaths annually in the United States. (That means tobacco causes about 480,000 deaths per year—and 41,000 of those deaths are because of exposure to secondhand smoke).
- Smoking causes cancer, heart disease, stroke, diabetes and lung diseases (including emphysema, bronchitis and chronic airway obstruction).
- Smokers typically inhale about 1 milligram (mg) of nicotine in a single cigarette.4 For some, that’s all it takes to become addicted.
- Tobacco is the leading cause of preventable death in the world.
Things to know about death and tobacco smoking
The use of tobacco is the main cause of death in the world. In the US, smoking causes around 480,000 cases of death per year.
Globally, it almost 6 million people was death caused by tobacco each year and if this trend is still going on, this number will increase become 8 million for the next year of 2030. Those are some cigarettes facts.
The Cigarette Book: The History and Culture of Smoking
$16.59 in stock
15 used from $1.03
|Number Of Pages||256|
The Cigarette Century: The Rise, Fall, and Deadly Persistence of the Product That Defined America
30 used from $2.31
|Part Number||black & white illustrations, black & whi|
|Number Of Pages||640|
The Cigarette: A Political History
$30.79 in stock
15 used from $13.76
|Number Of Pages||400|
The Rediscovery of Tobacco: Smoking, Vaping, and the Creative Destruction of the Cigarette
|Is Adult Product|
|Number Of Pages||272|