One of the alternatives for smoking is herbal cigarettes. Compared to other types of cigarettes, herbal cigarettes are a lot healthier for your body and could reducing health risks from smoking regular smoke.
Herbal smoking blends doesn’t contain any tobacco, nicotine, and is probably not going to make you an addict. Beside that, herbal smoke gives relaxing, calming effect on nerves which gives peaceful, calm & relax mind.
However, if you really want to make sure what goes into them, you can make your own DIY cigarettes.
Here are some pointers for you to make DIY herbal cigarettes at home. Creativity can be a virtue in home herbalism, but do not use any herb in an herbal smoking blend unless you know for sure that it can be safely used in a smoking blend.
Herbal Cigarettes Ingredients and Tools
1. Base Herbs for smoking
There are three types of herbs that you should include in your cigarette. The first one is your base herbs. This should account for around 50% of your total herb blend.
Here are some recommendation for your base herb.
- Raspberry Leaf
2. Secondary Herbs
Secondary herbs account for around 33% of your total herb blends. Here are several herbs you may pick as your secondary herb.
3. Flavoring Herbs
This is where you get to have fun! Flavoring herb is really unique and you get to make your own flavor of herbal smoke, You should consider picking herbs that have a lot of aroma and flavor.
These herbs should account for around 17% of your herb blends. Some popular flavoring herbs are:
- Peppermint and spearmint
- Sage and thyme
- Licorice Root
4. Choose your rolling papers. When doing this, try to avoid papers with a lot of chemical substances in it and go for more natural, chemical-free paper such as papers made of flax, rice, and hemp.
How To Make Herbal Cigarettes
- The first thing you should do is to dry your herbs. Do not pick dried herbs if you can. Instead, go for natural pre-dried herbs and dry them yourself.
This allows a better quality herbs and you can control how dry your herbs should be. Remember to not over-dry your herbs until they turn into crisps.
- Then, blend your herbs and grind them using pestle and mortar until they turn to powder.
Like chopped tobacco on a cigarette.
- Let your herbs dry for a couple of hours.
- Roll them using rolling paper or hand rolled and seal them.
Voila! Your herbal cigarettes are done.