Famous Smokers is a partial list of famous people, for whom smoking is clearly a recognised part of their public image, or who are known for some unusual aspect of smoking.
Smoking is a part of history, of culture and life. This was and is one of most practiced way of expressing self personality.
Lightening of tobacco always gain a high demand in art and cinematography, but not only. It is smoked in movies, it is smoked on theatre’ stages, because this occupation express that what cannot be said in words.
Imagine how will look Casablanca if there wouldn’t be smoke. Same is for Scarlet and other great films. Identical situation is for theatres.
For many personalities smoking became a self expression of persona.
Famous Smokers List
List of famous smokers renowned personalities who smoke is very large. Tobacco was used by people of different professions: beginning with singers, designers, actors, authors, scientists, writers, politicians and others.
- Lucille Ball – Her image was used to advertise Philip Morris cigarettes from the 1950s until the 1970s.
- David Bowie – Several photos, both on stage and publicity shots, depict Bowie smoking. According to the biography Strange Fascination, he smoked both Gitane and Marlboro cigarettes.
- Drew Barrymore of the famous Barrymore family smokes Marlboro Reds, about 2-3 packs a day. She started smoking cigarettes at age 9 1/2.
- George Harrison – Member of The Beatles who was famously seen smoking in the movies A Hard Days Night and Help!.
- Walt Disney – was a chain-smoker for his entire life.
- Bette Davis – American film actress who was never without a cigarette. She starred in Now, Voyager (1942), which has the famous scene in which Paul Henreid places two cigarettes in his mouth, lights them, and then passes one to Bette Davis.
- Sammy Davis, Jr. – American singer/actor. Often seen smoking on stage and in interviews.
- Pat Nixon – Was a closet cigarette smoker, a fact that came out shortly after her death.
- Peter Jennings – Journalist and news anchor of ABC World News Tonight.
- Kate Moss – Model; smokes four packs of Marlboro Lights per day and has been smoking cigarettes since the age of 12.
And this can be completed with other personality’s names that used to smoke as expression of personal style and nature.
In the end can be concluded that cigarette and art are two things that always time together and complete each other.
Famous Smokers Posters
Scarface (1983) This is a wonderful 8 inch by 10 inch photograph.
Art Print Measures 24 x 32 inches and it is created using high quality paper. The printing process produces a vivid and detailed reproduction. Brand new Poster Published In Europe (tracking number provided). Easy to Frame (PRINT ONLY – frames NOT included). Processing: 1 to 4 business days. Delivery takes around 7-21 business days. Perfect choice for living room, guest room, meeting room, dining room, bedroom, coffee bar, nurseries house, hallway, corridor, college dormitory, hotel wall decor, inn, spa, lounge, salon, home and office wall décor. Great gift for any occasion: Birthday, Anniversary, Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day, Graduation, or just because you love someone!
- Quality: Printed on High Quality Matte Photo Paper
- Published By: High Quality Print Published by Be the Bestest
- Size: 12 x 16 Inch Poster
This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia article “List of famous smokers”. This entry is a fragment of a larger work. Link may die if entry is finally removed or merged.