Slow but sure, that’s how the ideal process of quit smoking should be. Since we cannot stop the nicotine intake from the cigarette we usually consume in a time, if we really want to commit to quit, we have to keep trying.
Maybe you’ve been consistently tried various quit smoking tips out there for 5 days, but on the sixth day you failed to endure it.
That’s okay. By finding yourself here, reading this opening part of this article, it counts as the effort of your willing to stop smoking. So stick with that commitment and consistency.
Now we’d like share to you the second part of the quit smoking tips. Here are the following:
Change your cigarette brand.
Changing your cigarette brand may help you to decrease you nicotine intake. To make you quit smoking commitment easier; you can choose the cigarettes brands that have low nicotine level.
To acknowledge the cigarette nicotine content, you can check it from the package these kind of information:- “Ultra Light” is for filtered cigarettes with low-nicotine level;- “Light” or “Mild” is for filtered cigarettes wit medium nicotine level;- and, the cigarettes without the above information is for filtered or unfiltered cigarettes.
Don’t smoke the whole cigarette in one time.
Another alternative to limit your cigarette consumption is by not smoking a whole cigarette in a time.
You can smoke a single cigarette in two, three, or fourth times. By doing this, you still can smoke as often as the normal, but with the small amount of cigarette since you have reduced at least half of them.
Adjust a gap for your every smoking time.
Setting a timer can help you to give you a gap from a smoking time to another in case you tend to chain smoke in some scenes (in a party, for instance).
So after lighting a cigarette, set a timer for a time gap as you want (the longer the better). You can smoke another cigarette after the timer goes off.
Shift the oral fixation from smoking a cigarette.
Gums, mouthwash spray, candy, sunflower seeds, and other small snacks are often used as the alternative to limit your smoking activity.
Those things will help you to shift your oral satisfaction from nicotine. Avoid some snacks or sweets that contain high level sugar.
We don’t recommend you to use treats as the oral satisfaction for long term consumption since it may lead to another problem.
Makes some smoking rules.
Some of your groups and environments can lead you to the higher rates of smoking. Meanwhile leaving them will kinda difficult to do especially if they are your inner circle.
You can still limit your smoking activity by making some rules regarding smoking. For instance, if you are hanging out with them, smoking in the car is not allowed.
Moreover, you also can find new groups where you can learn some activities to enjoy besides smoking without really leave your old smoking groups. So your time will be balanced filled with healthy activity too.
Those are the second part of how to quit smoking series. The key is still the same: your willing and commitment. Good luck!
- To Quit Smoking – Part 1 – How To Cut Back Smoking
- To Quit Smoking – Part 2 – How to Limit Your Cigarette
- To Quit Smoking – Part 3 – Be Consistent to Quit Smoking
WikiHow. (2019). Limit Smoking Cigarettes.
Kirkland Signature Quit Smoking Gum, 2 mg, 380 Count
- regular schedule to prevent cravings throughout the day
- individualized stop-smoking plan
- safer than smoking
- risks to your child f
- stop smoking without using
Nicorette Nicotine Gum to Quit Smoking, 2 mg, White Ice Mint Flavored Stop Smoking Aid, 160 Count (Pack of 1)
- One package of 160 pieces of Nicorette 2mg Nicotine Gum to Quit Smoking - White Ice Mint Flavored Stop Smoking Aid
- Stop smoking aids that help you control intake and soothe cigarette cravings as you adjust to life as a non-smoker
- Stop smoking gum with nicotine to relieve withdrawal symptoms associated with quitting smoking, such as insomnia, depressed mood, irritability, frustration, anxiety and restlessness
- Quit smoking products that release a burst of refreshing White Ice Mint flavor to help you stick with your quit
- 2mg mint nicotine gum is deal for people who smoke their first cigarette more than 30 minutes after waking up
GoodSense Nicotine Polacrilex Gum 2mg, Mint Flavor, 110-count, Stop Smoking Aid, GoodSense Smoking Cessation Products
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT IN NICOTINE GUM: This product contains nicotine polacrilex (equal to 2 mg nicotine), a stop smoking aid, which compares to the active ingredient in Nicorette Gum
- Perrigo supports the American Cancer Society in their mission to help people quit smoking. Perrigo Company pays a fee for the use of the American Cancer Society (ACS) logo. ACS does not endorse any particular brand, service or product
- QUIT SMOKING: Smoking has two addictive components, a physical and a mental need for the nicotine in tobacco Nicotine gum addresses the physical need to smoke by reducing withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine cravings
- HELPS CONTROL NICOTINE CRAVINGS: GoodSense Nicotine Polacrilex Uncoated Gum 2 mg (nicotine) reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smoking
- EFFECTIVE NICOTINE GUM: For those who smoke their first cigarette more than 30 minutes after waking up If you smoke your first cigarette within 30 minutes of waking up, use GoodSense Nicotine Polacrilex Uncoated Gum, 4 mg
Habitrol Nicotine Gum, 4mg MINT flavor COATED gum. 96 pieces per box
- Quitting smoking is easier with Habitrol gum
- Coated for more intense flavor
- Each piece contains 4mg of nicotine
Basic Care Nicotine Gum 4 mg Stop Smoking Aid, Cool Mint, 20 Count
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT: This product contains nicotine polacrilex (equal to 4 mg nicotine), a stop smoking aid, which compares to the active ingredient in Nicorette Coated Gum
- SMOKING CESSATION: Amazon Basic Care Coated Nicotine Polacrilex Gum, 4 mg (nicotine), is used as part of a Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) designed to wean your body off cigarettes
- EFFECTIVE: For those who smoke their first cigarette within 30 minutes of waking up If you smoke your first cigarette more than 30 minutes after waking up, use Nicotine Polacrilex Gum, 2 mg
- HELPS CONTROL NICOTINE CRAVINGS: This product reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smoking
- QUITTING SMOKING: Smoking has two addictive components, a physical and a mental need for the nicotine in tobacco